The Service and Support Administration is a mandated function to support individuals in determining and pursuing goals and maintains the individual as the focus while coordinating services across multiple systems. Each person served by the County Board has a service and support coordinator (SSC). The SSC is responsible for helping them find and reach their fullest potential. The SSC acts as the single point of accountability for an individual and performs the following duties:
- eligibility determination for county board services,
- needs assessment,
- development of individual service plans,
- budget establishment,
- assistance with provider selection,
- quality assurance,
- service coordination,
- service monitoring,
- crisis intervention,
- major unusual incident review and response and assistance with the designation of a person to provide representation,
- advocacy, advice and assistance related to the day to day coordination of the individual’s service plan Services.
In all of these areas and more, the SSC assist each person with their needs and wants and then acting as a link to the supports and services that will help them lead a fulfilling life.
The Service and Support Administration offices of the WCBDD are located at 340 Muskingum Drive, Suite B Marietta, OH 45750.
The SSC assists eligible individuals with their request for services from this agency or other agencies in the community.
A 24 hour emergency assistance is available to help resolve situations that need immediate action to help ensure an individual’s health and safety.
A Service Coordinator can be reached at the following phone numbers:
- During business hours at (740) 373-
- Evenings, weekends and holidays at (740) 516-